Theme: Marriage, Divorce, Remarriage and Forgiveness.
Topic: Divorce, Remarriage, Marital Infedility and Forgiveness
Text: Matthew 5:32 “But I tell you not to divorce your wife unless she has committed some terrible sexual sin. If you divorce her, you will cause her to be unfaithful, just as any man who marries her is guilty of taking another man’s wife.” CEV
Regarding the Scriptures on divorce, remarriage, infidelity and forgiveness, there are such wide differences of opinion, interpretation, and application between leading Christian theologians and denominations today. Some churches believe that the new testament forbids divorce and remarriage in any form. Others feel that the passages in question are to be applied as guidelines tempered with love, mercy, understanding and judicial allowances.
In this study, we will closely consider what the scriptures say on these issues and align ourselves with the position of the scriptures.
1) What is Divorce? Deut. 24:1
2) Why does God hate divorce? Malachi 2:14-16
4) What about pre-conversion divorce? 1 Cor. 7:20-27
5) What is marital infidelity?
6) Does God require forgiveness in the case of marital infidelity? Matt. 6:14-15
7) Does divorce imply unforgiveness?
8) Is there any scriptural grounds for remarriage after divorce? 1 Cor.7:15,39 Rom. 7:1-3
9) What is the role of the church in divorce and remarriage? Matt 18:15-17
For now, Bible Study holds every day except Sundays.
TIME: 2:00pm(WAT- GMT +1), 1pm(Accra), 2pm(London), 4pm(Nairobi), 3pm(Johannesburg), 6:30pm(Mumbai), 9am(New York)
Join via ZOOM.
Zoom Meeting Link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/536206651
OR Meeting ID: 536 206 651